Subject: Re: why Java plug-ins?
From: [email-masked]
To: Multiple recipients of list <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 Apr 1996 15:37:20 -0700

Subj:	Re: why Java plug-ins?

> 
> > If I'm right, they intend to use Java as a Rexx/BML replacement.
> 

>>If that is truly the case, then NewTek will have turned one of its most
>>prolific plugin writers into a life-long enemy.

>>The stupidity of that type of business decision would be beyond comprehension.

>>Render me gone,                  |||
>>Bob                            ^(===)^
 I don't see a problem here. Would not BML still be a viable plugin development
 tool ? As I see it Rexx was used on the Amiga, Bob came along with BML for
 the PC. Aside from this the original post had a reasonable doulbt to it,
 "If I'm right". Does anybody know if he is right ? Also NewTek has made
 no declaration on standards yet, so in all honesty they are free to use
 whatever tools they deem fit to do plugins. I see no mention of FREE
 anything with LW for plugin development. The upside of JAVA is it looks to
 be easier to port the plugins. Of course I use the Amiga so it buys me about
 as much as BML! Arexx had interprocess communication, does BML, Java offer
 this ?

 -bill
PS. Whatever happens It would be a better alternative than Visual Basic.